Fiber Rich Vegan Bran Muffins
I’ve been making bran muffins forever. If you like bran muffins, you will like these. These Fiber Rich Vegan Bran Muffins are healthy, hearty, and delicious. There is just something about bran that I love. I especially like to make big batches of foods especially if it freezes well. And these do freeze well.
Double this recipe and you will have enough batter to keep in the refrigerator for six weeks. Prepare the mixture. Bake as many as needed and store the batter in the refrigerator.
Another thought is to bake all the muffins at the same time, use what you will and freeze the rest.
- 3 cups All-bran cereal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 heaping cup organic sugar
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour or sprouted flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg replacers
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Mix almond milk and lemon juice together and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, pour boiling water over 2 cups bran. Let stand for a few minutes. Mix in the applesauce. In a larger bowl, mix rest of bran with sugar, flour, soda and salt.
- Next, pour in the egg replacers and soured almond milk and remaining ingredients Stir just until moistened.
- Spoon into lightly greased muffin tins nearly to the brim, so your tops will be rounded. Otherwise, you will have a flat muffin.
- Bake 400 degrees for about 18 minutes. Bake mini muffins at 400 degrees 12 – 14 minutes.
- Muffin tip: When making muffins, mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. DO NOT OVER MIX.