Three Bean Salad Recipe – Number Four
Sort of an Italian version, this bean recipe makes either a great main dish or side dish. Healthy, hearty beans and legumes such as this Three Bean Salad Recipe can be both a heart and health promoting staple in your diet for best health. Filling and satisfying, you can’t go wrong with a dish such as this. Good fiber great for a healthy colon and protein too. You can never have too many bean recipes on hand.
You can make a complete meal on several different sides along with a green lettuce salad.
Just an aside: Remember, when going to restaurants, browse the menu for the sides that accompany their main dishes. This tells you they have these items in their kitchen and ordering two or three sides rounds out your meal.
- Carol Fitzgerald
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 – 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- A drizzle of Agave sweetener
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together. Chill and enjoy!