Three Bean Salad Recipe – Number Three
Three Bean Salad Recipe – Number Three. I don’t know why but I’ve been on a bean kick lately. Can never have too many of these. This is more like a bar b q baked bean dish, and one you’ll most likely want to have around for picnics and cook outs.
There are a million different varieties of beans and legumes. They all have their own nutritional profiles, but one thing about all of them is that they are one of the most healthy foods you can incorporate into your daily eating regime.
They are inexpensive, high in protein, high in fiber and a low calorie food. Talk about a real health food! They have a huge nutritional effect considering all the health benefits you receive from them. You can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner or even a bedtime snack. Believe it or not, there are even dessert recipes made from beans.
Some of what you can expect from bean meals: they’re satiating keeping you fuller longer, low in fat, they help to lower cholesterol, and are heart healthy.
Best of the best.
- Carol Fitzgerald
- 1 can Pork and Beans without the Pork
- 1 can red Kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups vegan ketchup mixed together with 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Mix all ingredients together. Place into a oven-proof casserole and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.