Best Ever Banana Bread
I know! We were at friends one evening and she served this best ever banana bread. I had never had another banana bread quite so good. Not all banana breads are the same. This one, for me, was a real keeper. And now I’ve been making it for probably 40 years. Everyone loves my banana bread. I have since veganized it and it is still the best ever banana bread.
The original recipe did not call for chocolate chips. I have added them in this recipe. If you decide you want them, cut back on the sugar as it is a bit sweet with both the chocolate chips and the called for sugar.
- Banana Bread is a standby in my house. I always have one in the freezer for those times when I want something in a hurry.
- Carol Fitzgerald
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup (heaping) sugar
- 2 egg replacers
- 4 tablespoons vegan sour cream
- 2 mashed ripe bananas or 1 cup
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sprouted spring wheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Mash bananas and let get creamy. In a mixer bowl, cream vegan butter and sugar until light in color. Add the egg replacers, beating well. sift flour, baking powder and baking soda and add to mixture alternately with mashed banana. Add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix well. Add the nuts and give it one more mix.
- Pour into a greased and floured 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake 45 – 50 minutes at 350 degrees.