Yum! Blueberry Sauce. Delicious and something to look forward to for breakfast, dessert or anytime snack. This sauce is easy to make and other than the blueberries, you probably have everything you need on hand. Actually, if you have blueberries in your freezer, you’re all set for an impromptu, lovely sauce. You could drizzle this over your morning toast, top your pancakes, waffles or French toast with it, pour it over ice cream, over a dish of sliced bananas or over your homemade poundcake, or even use it as a filling for cakes.
You can also use this over Susan Branch’s Blueberry Bread Pudding.
- This lovely sauce is good on just about anything: pancakes, waffles or French Toast, ice cream, pound cake, smothered into and over sliced bananas or mixed between layers of a cake.
- Carol Fitzgerald
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- The zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring blueberries, sugar, orange juice and lemon juice to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Mix the corn starch and water and stir to a smooth consistency. Gradually whisk this mixture into the blueberries until thickened. At the end, add the almond extract and salt. Serve as suggested above.