Brown Rice Recipe
This Brown Rice Recipe is an easy vegan rice recipe and one I think you might make often as part of your plant-based meals. I suppose you could make plain brown rice, but this one has so much more character.
Brown Rice is so much the healthier than white rice. The bran and endosperm, where all the nutrients are, have been left intact, and what provides your body with needed nutrition and health benefits.
Voila! Not only ready to serve your guests, but also another recipe to add to your collection of great rice recipes.
The rice mixture makes 8 (1 cup) servings.
- Carol Fitzgerald
- 6 cups cooked, short-grain, brown rice
- 3 tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 4 – 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar or to taste
- Sea salt & Pepper to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. I use half water and half vegetable broth. While rice is cooking, dice your vegetables. When rice is cooked and cooled, add the cut-up tomatoes, onion, and green & red peppers to the rice and mix well.
- Pour dressing over rice mixture. Mix well. Pour into a pretty bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve cold.