Easy Enchilada Sauce
Easy Enchilada Sauce and Burritos were on our mind. One evening my daughter, Mary Carol, invited several of her friends over. We decided to make burritos. I actually quadrupled this sauce for the burritos. Everyone enjoyed them immensely and the homemade easy enchilada sauce was a hit too.
Making your own is so much better than buying in a can. So much better! Plus you know what’s in it. You probably already have the ingredients on hand plus it’s easy to make. You don’t have to slave over it. It tastes better than the canned version and it’s a whole lot less expensive too.
Unless you like hot, be sparing with the cumin. It always amazes me how hot some people like their dishes. But hey! Go for it if that’s what you like.
- Carol Fitzgerald
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- To a sauce pan, add – waterl, flour, chili powder
- Stir until smooth and slightly thickened
- Add – cumin, vegetable broth, tomato sauce, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Stir all ingredients until well mixed.
- Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes and spoon over burritos.