Kale Goodness Smoothie
Kale Goodness Smoothie will keep you going…and going. Just knowing you are getting the best of the best will set your mind at ease. A few short years ago, most of us had never even heard of Kale much less have it on a regular basis in our diets today. Little did we know that most varieties of Kale have been around for thousands of years, though many new varieties have been discovered more recently.
There are so many ways to incorporate Kale into your diet. Cooked, added to soups and stews, blended into smoothies and eaten raw in salads. There are many different varieties of Kale, all having their own taste, texture and appearance. Three of the most common are Curly Kale, Lacinato and Red Kale. All are delicious.
Cutting Kale and letting it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes, before you cook it or put into a smoothie, breaks down the cell walls and activates the health promoting properties. So be sure not to skip this step.
1. Kale is mighty nutritious. Have it on a regular basis for optimum health.
2. Kale stems, though slightly bitter, contain more fiber than the leaves.
3. Kale contains concentrated sources of manganese and copper which fight free-radicals.
4. Kale is also rich in protein, calcium and omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Rich in Vitamin A and a concentrated source of carotenoids makes this a fabulous food for eye health.
6. The sulphur-containing phytonutrients in Kale, as researchers found, are beneficial in preventing cancer.
- 1 bunch Kale (8 to 10 leaves)
- 1 1/2 bananas
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- Blend all ingredients until well mixed, about 45 seconds.