Healthy Snack Recipe: Oat & Brown Rice Nut Snacks
This Healthy Snack Recipe, specifically Oat and Brown Rice Nut Snacks, keeps me from eating less healthy foods when I am nearly always looking for something to snack on after dinner.
My go-to after dinner snack is usually fruit. Watermelon or cantaloupe in the summer. Oranges, tangerines, or grapefruit in the winter. But sometimes I just don’t feel like fruit.
And that’s when these lovely little snacks come in handy. After dinner. I don’t know about you, but the longer the day wears on, the hungrier I get. Especially if I’m not busy. Seems the more busy I am, the less I snack. But have me watching TV at the end of the day, and I’m looking for something more to eat.
The fact that these little babies are sugar-free, egg-free, and oil free makes them the perfect healthy snack. The banana gives them just the right amount of sweetness. And the cinnamon and almond extract give them just the right amount of flavor.
You could even eat this mixture raw as a sort-of porridge.
After I put the first cookie sheet into the oven and there was still mixture in the bowl, I just had to taste-test the batter. I ended up eating a cereal-size bowl before the first batch was even out of the oven.
That was my breakfast. And I didn’t feel an ounce of guilt, because everything in this little snack is good and wholesome and nutritious. I daresay you will love these –– not only because they are great tasting, but also because they totally guilt-free. And guilt-free is good!
Healthy Snack Recipe
Oat and Brown Rice Nut Snacks
Sugar-free, egg-free, Oil-free, Healthy Snacks
Makes about 30 ping pong ball size snacks.
- This Healthy Snack Recipe, specifically Oat and Brown Rice Nut Snacks, keeps me from eating less healthy foods when I am nearly always looking for something to snack on after dinner.
- Carol Fitzgerald
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 apple, cut-up
- 2 frozen bananas, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup uncooked oats
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- Put first six ingredients in food processor. Pulse for 15 seconds, then process until all chunks are pureed.
- Place the mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the cooked brown rice, raw oats and nuts. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 350º for 25 minutes.
- Let cool and store in airtight container in refrigerator. Or you may freeze them.